Leading, established Full-Service Integrated Marketing Communications Agency is seek a Director, Public Relations. Focused experience within the Travel & Tourism sector is required. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to proactively pitch news and feature stories to top-tier media. Must have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, proven media relations experience and an understanding of contemporary PR practices and principles. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who’s a quick study, unflappable and successful in the presence of a demanding CEO or aggressive journalist.
- Counsels clients at the senior-most level while managing expectations and maintaining positive relationships with day-to-day contacts
- Develops story pitches and other tactical ideas that support client PR strategies.
- Researches and drafts press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, feature stories and other material.
- Targets outreach to key media, bloggers and other influencers to ensure effective outcomes.
- Pitches stories and conducts other forms of media outreach, including press tours and briefings.
- Monitors relevant media for trends and other story ideas, and presents client and competitive coverage in the most informative and compelling fashion possible.
- Oversees client billing and other account management duties.
- May supervise junior staff on specific tasks.
- College degree required, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field. Study and/or work experience in finance a plus.
- Minimum eight years of full-time public relations experience required, including at least four years in an agency setting.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated proficiency in AP style.
- Demonstrated understanding of Tourism vertical and the media that cover the industry.
- Proven media placement skills supported by a keen understanding of traditional and social media, with an emphasis on what makes a good story and how to achieve visibility for agency clients.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with high levels of resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Dynamic personality with high degrees of leadership, confidence and positivity.
F&C Executive Search
Your Best Connection.